Because we believe our schools are stronger as they build strong partnerships with others, we wanted to give you links to resources that our schools may use.
- Md. test standards called among lowest in U.S. (Baltimore Sun – 10/30/09
- No. 1 by what standard? (Baltimore Sun – 2/2/09)
- Victory for charter schools? (Baltimore Sun – 9/11/06)
- Direct Instruction & Open Court Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Direct Instruction Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Direct Instruction & ESL Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Direct Instruction & Special Education Fact Sheet (PDF)
- The Bottom Line (Baltimore Sun, 9/28/05), Charter school OP/ED by James W. Campbell
- Farbman, D. & Kaplan, C. (2005). Time for a Change: The Promise of Extended-Time Schools for Promoting Student Achievement. Boston, MA: Massachusetts 2020.
- Rosenshine, B. (1996). Advances in Research on Instruction.
- Rosenshine, B. (2002). Converging Findings on Classroom Instruction.
- Rosenshine, B. (2005). Helping Students from Low-Income Families. OQE Forum, 14, 19-20.
- The Battle of City Springs (video)
“The Battle of City Springs” is a video that documents a one-year period during which the school struggled to implement the research-based Direct Instruction curriculum in an effort to improve students’ academic performance and behavior. To order the video, contact BCP. The cost is $15.00 and includes an Epilogue, as well as shipping and handling.
- Core Knowledge Foundation
Provides overview of Core Knowledge, resources, etc.
- Maryland General Assembly
- The Maryland Teachers’ Guide
Presented by Baltimore’s Child
- Maryland Public Charter School Act of 2003
- Provides teachers with information about research-based practices and strategies for the classroom.
- National Institute for Direct Instruction
The National Institute for Direct Instruction (NIFDI) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to providing school districts with a solid training program and approach for the implementation of DI in districts, schools and classrooms.
Community Schools Resources
- Addiction Resource
Raises awareness on the dangers of addiction and helps local communities stay drug-free.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
Promotes drug abuse prevention and treatment
- Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Maryland Chapter
- Baltimore Teacher Supply Swap
- Business Volunteers Maryland
- Coalition for Community Schools
- Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures Mobile Dental Van
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
Free Nonprofit Management and Fundraising Classes
- Maryland Book Bank
- Maryland Cash Campaign
- Maryland Food Bank
- Maryland Society for Sight
- Seedco Maryland
- Severn River Lions Club
- Volunteer Central